Please read carefully before using our services
- General Use of the Site and App. We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on the Site and App but please note that certain areas of the Site may be limited only to such users who have registered for an applicable Account and provided the applicable Personal Information for such registration.
- What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- Account. In order to provide you with certain services that we offer through the Service, you must register and access an account (“Account”). As part of the Account registration process, you will be asked to provide us certain mandatory Personal Information such as your user name, first name, phone number, email address, company name, a password that you will use in connection with your Account, and other designated information which might be required for certain Accounts such as VAT registration number, company identification number, bank account details and/or credit card information. You may also be required or choose to provide your fax number, date of birth, job title, website, country, a company contact person, and other information. We do not intend to make any of your Account information publicly available on the Site or App. However, if you participate in the Auction Platform then we may display a partially obscured version of your user name on the Service but only to other participants of an Auction that you are participating in.
- ‘Contact Us’ Information. If you send us a “contact us” request we will receive and store a copy of your name, email address, telephone, and country, as well as any other Personal Information or other information that you choose to disclose. It is worth mentioning that contact information you will provide us will most probably be your works contact details hence, it might not be considered as personal information.
- Offer Information. If you send us any Offers, we will store a copy of the information of such Offer, including your name, email address, telephone and country as we all as any other Personal Information or other information that you may be requested or you may choose to disclose.
- Transactions. If you make a payment through or in connection with the Service, including without limitation if you win an Auction, then we will require sufficient information from you to complete the transaction. Such information could include your bank account name and number, your address, phone number and such other information as may be necessary to facilitate the transfer of the payment from you to us. We may use the tools, software or services of third-party service providers to process transactions on our behalf. Except as set forth herein, we will not share your financial Personal Information with any third person or entity.
- App Location Based Services. Certain location-based services that we provide in connection with the App are dependent on data related to the geographic location of the device on which the App is installed. Please be aware that unless the location feature is turned off on your device, we may continue to collect such location data. If you choose to participate in these location services, you agree that we may collect location data from your device.
- Log Files. The Service may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the Service, and gather demographic information.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Some of our Service pages may utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about Service activity. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a Service user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser. Please note that blocking such cookies may affect your ability to make use of parts or all of the Service.
- Mobile Device Data. In case you have downloaded our mobile RCS App, we may collect limited information from your mobile device in order to provide the App. Such information may include your mobile device type, mobile device id, and date and time stamps of App use. In addition, we may deploy tracking technologies within the App to help us gather aggregate statistics, but we will not use Personal Information for such purposes
- Use of Personal Information. If you submit Personal Information to us, then such Personal Information may be used in the following ways:
- We may use your Personal Information to provide (and improve) the Site and App and our related services to you, to contact you in connection with the Service and its related services (including for the purpose of notifying you about our offers, products and/or services) and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Service and the related services that you are authorized to access.
- We may use your Personal Information to conduct credibility checks, background and authenticity checks when you have requested to register an Account. Such checks may include VAT number check, company registration check, internet check, address check, credit check. Results of such checks will be stored and made part of the Personal Information or other information collected.
- We may use your Personal Information to contact you in response to a “contact us” request.
- We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submit via the Service and its related services, if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary, to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce our Terms and/or EULA including investigations of potential violations thereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues, and/or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of RCS, its users, yourself or the public.
- Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information or disclose it to third party service providers in order to provide and improve our Service and to enhance your experience with it. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners, for purposes including, but not limited to, targeted advertisements. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Service, aggregated and non identifiable information from the Offers, Auctions, Bids, Contact Us information and any other information collected or provided to us through the Services, Trade Platform and/or Auction Platform including all information detailed under section 4 above, as long as such information is not defined as Personal Information.
- Opt-out. We may use your email address or phone number (via SMS’s) to send to you promotions, updates, a newsletter or news regarding our Service, invitations to take part in an Auction and replies to Offers and Requests. You may choose not to receive future emails or SMS’s from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that you receive from us or by unregistering your phone from ability to receive SMS’s through the your account settings. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request or issues relating to your Account) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Service. If you no longer desire our Service or wish to delete or deactivate your Account, you can contact us at email@example.com. Please note that Opting-out from such email and/or SMS might affect your ability to make use of the Services directly related to such action such as inability to receive invitations to join an Auction.
- Changes to Your Personal Information. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, please ensure that it remains accurate. If your Personal Information changes or you wish to remove or modify certain Personal Information that we are storing, you may either correct or update it by logging-in to your Account and making the change(s), or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
- Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide Personal Information to RCS. The notices that we provide on the Service in circumstances where we collect Personal Information should help you make this choice. If you choose not to provide the Personal Information we request, you can still use the Service, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
- Links to Other Sites. Our Service may contain links to other sites. Other sites may also reference or link to our Service. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites.
- Children’s Privacy. The Service is not intended for children under the age of 18 years old, and we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 18 years of age.
- Security. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, We cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us email@example.com.
- Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing event.
- Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of RCS who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
- EU individuals: The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is an EU privacy and data protection directive which came into force on May 25th, 2018. RCS has taken adequate case of personal information before said date and rest assured that we welcome these changes, and believe we are adequately prepared to handle your personal information in a manner in lined with this regulation.
Last updated: 29 June 2018